Chicken Kaporos Webinar October 26
Please Join Us!
Please join me Monday, October 26th from Noon to 1:00pm EDT for a free one-hour webinar hosted by the National Lawyers Guild Animal Rights Committee (NYC). The topic is the use of chickens in Kaporos – a violent atonement ritual – from several points of view.
I will discuss the animal cruelty inherent in using chickens for Kaporos-- from the crowding and filth of a factory farm, to the prolonged wait without food or water, to the rough handling that fragile wings cannot endure, to the final bloody massacre in the street.
- Nora Constance Marino, Esq. who has argued Kaporos all the way up to the New York Court of Appeals
- Rabbi Donn Gross of Congregation Bet Dovid, a vegan shul in New Jersey
- Karen Davis, PhD, Founder and President of United Poultry Concerns
- Dr. Ethan Ciment, DPM; neighbor and COVID survivor
- Donny Moss, Founder of Their Turn, animal rights news media outlet
- John Netzel, President of Peaceful Fields Sanctuary
Please register via Eventbrite.
Here is your invitation:
Your Zoom information will arrive immediately upon registration. In addition, you will receive a separate email confirming the Zoom link and passcode, as well as a reminder the night before. The webinar is free to National Lawyers Guild members and non-members, alike.
Thank you for tuning in to this important webinar event!
– Karen Davis, PhD, President of United Poultry Concerns and founder of the Alliance to End Chickens as Kaporos