Karen Davis, Ph.D., President of United Poultry Concerns
Rina Deych, RN
Esther Klein Friedman, Ph.D.
Rabbi Yonassan Gershom
Richard H. Schwartz, Ph.D., President of Jewish Vegetarians of North America and author of
Judaism and Vegetarianism
Sheila Schwartz, Ed.D.
Website Administrator: Franklin Wade
Alliance to End Chickens as Kaporos Core Working Group
- Karen Davis, PhD, President, United Poultry Concerns
- Rina Deych, Alliance Strategies & Activities Coordinator
- Dawn Ladd, Alliance Strategies & Activities Coordinator
- Miriam Jones, Cofounder, VINE Sanctuary
- David Rosenfeld, Alliance Activist
- Rabbi Yonassan Gershom, Alliance Advisor
- Richard Schwartz, PhD, Alliance Advisor
- Ronnie Steinau, Staff Correspondent, United Poultry Concerns
- Caroline Lee, Esq.
- Lori Barrett, Esq.
- PJ McKosky, Empty Cages Collective
- Franklin Wade, Alliance Website Administrator
The Alliance to End Chickens as Kaporos is an association of groups and individuals who seek to replace the use of chickens in Kaporos ceremonies with money or other non-animal symbols of atonement. The Alliance does not oppose Kaporos per se, only the cruel and unnecessary use of chickens in the ceremony.